You can have an intercom conversation with non-Sena Bluetooth headsets using the Universal Intercom function. Non-Sena Bluetooth headsets can be connected to the Sena Bluetooth headset if they support the Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile (HFP). The working distance may differ depending on the performance of Bluetooth headset that it is connected to. In general, it is shorter than normal intercom distance since it uses the Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile. The Universal Intercom affects both the phone call connection and the multipoint connection (mostly used for GPS connections for riders). You cannot use a multipoint connection device while you are using the Universal Intercom in case as below.
- If a non-Sena headset does not support a multipoint connection, it cannot use a phone call connection while using the Universal Intercom.
- As for Sena headsets, the Universal Intercom affects the multipoint connection.
- If non-Sena headset (already paired as Universal Intercom with Sena) is turned on, then the multipoint connection is automatically deactivated. And the non-Sena headset is automatically connected to Sena headset as a Universal Intercom. So you cannot use multipoint connection devices such as GPS, while a non-Sena headset is turned on.
- Even though you disconnect the non-Sena headset as a Universal Intercom, it will not automatically restore the multipoint connection. To restore the multipoint connection, you should turn off the non-Sena headset first, then try to connect to multipoint device manually from the device screen or simply reboot the device so that it automatically connects to the Sena headset.
The 10C can be paired with non-Sena Bluetooth headsets for Bluetooth intercom conversation. You can pair the 10C with only one non-Sena Bluetooth headset so if you pair with a different non-Sena Bluetooth headset, the previous pairing will be removed.
- Turn on the 10C and a non-Sena Bluetooth headset that you want to pair with.
- Press and hold the Jog Dial on the 10C for 10 seconds to enter the configuration menu. Rotate the Jog Dial until you hear a voice prompt, “Universal intercom pairing”. Tap the Phone Button to enter into Universal Intercom Pairing mode and the blue LED will flash rapidly and you will hear multiple beeps.
- Perform the operation required for handsfree pairing on the non-Sena Bluetooth headset (refer to the User’s manual of the headsets you want to use). The 10C will automatically pair with non-Sena Bluetooth headsets in pairing mode.