To begin with, the headset will need to be charged long enough so that it will power on as it would when it’s functioning normally.
1. Unplug the headset from your computer.
2. Restart the Sena Device Manager.
3. Reconnect the headset to your computer using the provided micro USB cable.
* It is important to use the USB cable that came with your Sena device.
4. Perform a "Fault Reset" on your headset. Please refer to the User's Guide for more information on how to perform a Fault reset for your product.
5. Follow the instructions for having your headset recognized.
6. If it needs to be powered on, then power it on. If the LEDs on the headset don't appear as normal then that's okay.
7. Press the NEXT button. You should see a prompt saying that the current firmware is v0.0 and that a new firmware version is available.
8. Press OK to save the firmware to your computer and start the firmware update process.
9. Follow all of the orange messages that appear during the firmware update process as instructed.
If the case where the driver for the headset was not installed correctly then use the following steps below.
Uninstall the Sena Device Manager and re-download the Sena Device Manager for your operating system's version. Before beginning the installation process, right-click on the installation file and choose "Run as Administrator". Once installing make sure after plugging in the name of the headset when it asks you to that you see the "Welcome to the Device Driver Installation Wizard" so that the driver for the SMH10 is correctly installed. If you do not see that and are running a Windows machine, then please go the Windows Device Manager (Start > Control Panel > Device Manager) and you should see the headset listed once the unit is powered. If the headset is listed under "Other Devices" or "Universal Serial Bus controllers", then right-click it and choose Update Driver Software. Then choose Browse my computer for driver software. Click the Browse... button and select C: > Program Files > Sena Technologies then click OK. The "Welcome to the Device Driver Installation Wizard" should appear now and install the driver for the headset. Now you can use the Sena Device Manager to update the firmware on your headset.
If the above does not work then please go to the menu, of Sena Bluetooth Device Manager program, by moving to Start Menu -> All Programs -> Sena Technologies -> SenaBluetoothDeviceManager then select "Install Driver" in the SenaBluetoothDeviceManager menu to begin the "Welcome to the Device Driver Installation Wizard".