Yes. You can hear GPS directions on the 20S and talk over the intercom at the same time. Here are the 3 various ways you can listen to GPS directions and talk over the intercom on the 20S.
1. Audio Multitasking - You can hear the directions from a GPS app on your smartphone while talking over the intercom. With the Audio Multitasking feature on the 20S, the audio from the GPS will be reduced in the background while you are communicating over the intercom.
2. Navigation App Support - You can enable Navigation App Support on the 20S through the Configuration Menu or on the Sena Smartphone App so that the audio from the GPS will not be reduced in the background while talking over the intercom.
3. GPS Pairing - If you are using a standalone GPS device such as the Zumo 660, then you can pair the 20S to the GPS using GPS Pairing. GPS Pairing will allow you to hear the GPS directions and talk over the intercom at the same time. If you use a pairing method other than GPS Pairing then the intercom will be interrupted when the GPS gives a navigational direction due to the GPS direction having a higher priority than the intercom.
To use GPS pairing on the 20S, follow these steps:
1. On the 20S, hold down the Jog Dial for 6 seconds until you hear the voice prompt "Intercom Pairing" and you see the LED flash red rapidly.
2. Tap the Phone Button once and you will hear the voice prompt say "Second Mobile Phone Pairing" and the LED will change to flashing blue rapidly.
3. Tap the Phone Button once more and you will hear the voice prompt say "GPS Pairing" and the LED will change to flashing green rapidly.
4. On your GPS device, search for the 20S in the Bluetooth menu.
5. Select the Sena 20S once it is available in the Bluetooth menu on the GPS.
6. Wait for the devices to pair together.