Pairing with Other SMH5 MultiCom Headsets for Intercom Conversation
The SMH5 MultiCom can be paired with up to three other headsets for Bluetooth intercom conversation.
1. Turn on the two SMH5 MultiCom headsets (A and B) that you would like to pair with each other.
2. Press and hold the Jog Dial of the headset A and B for 5 seconds until red LEDs of the both units start to flash rapidly. You will hear a voice prompt, “Intercom pairing”.
3. Tap the Jog Dial on any one of the two headsets A and B, and wait until the LEDs of both headsets turn to blue and intercom connection is automatically established. The two SMH5 MultiCom headsets A and B are paired with each other for intercom conversation. If the pairing process is not completed within one minute, the SMH5 MultiCom will return to stand-by mode.
4. You can make other pairing between headsets A and C, and between headsets A and D by following the same procedure as above.
5. The intercom pairing queue is ‘Last-Come, First-Served’. If a headset has multiple paired headsets for intercom conversations, the last paired headset is set as first intercom friend. The previous intercom friend becomes second intercom friend, and third intercom friend.
For example, after the pairing procedures listed above, headset D is the first intercom friend of headset A. Headset C is the second intercom friend of headset A, and headset B is the third intercom friend of headset A.
Starting Two-way Intercom
You can start an intercom conversation with one of any intercom friends by tapping the Jog Dial: Tap the Jog Dial once to intercom with the first intercom friend, tap the Jog Dial twice to intercom with the second intercom friend, and tap the Jog Dial three times to intercom with the third intercom friend.
Ending Two-way Intercom
You can end an intercom conversation by using the Jog Dial. Press and hold the Jog Dial for 1 second to end any intercom. Or, you can single tap to end intercom with the first intercom friend, double tap to end intercom with the second intercom friend, and triple tap to end intercom
with the third intercom friend.
Starting Three-way Intercom
You (A) can have a three-way conference intercom with two other SMH5 MultiCom friends (B & C) by establishing two intercom connections simultaneously. While a three-way conference intercom is in progress, mobile phone connection of all three participants is temporarily disconnected. However, as soon as the conference intercom terminates or one of the participants leaves the intercom, all mobile phones automatically reconnect to their headsets. If you have an incoming mobile phone call during the conference intercom, terminate the conference intercom to automatically reconnect and receive the phone call.
1. You (A) need to be paired with two other friends (B & C) for three-way conference intercom.
2. Start an intercom conversation with one of the two friends in your intercom group. For example, you (A) may start an intercom conversation with the intercom friend (B). Or intercom friend (B) may start an intercom call with you (A).
3. The second intercom friend (C) may join the intercom by making an intercom call to you (A).
4. Now you (A) and two SMH5 MultiCom intercom friends (B & C) are having a three-way conference intercom.
Starting Four-way Intercom
You can have four-way conference intercom with three other SMH5 MultiCom users by adding one more intercom participant to the three-way intercom. While you are having a three-way intercom as above, a new participant (D), who is an intercom friend of your intercom friend (C), may join the conference intercom by making an intercom call to your intercom friend (C). Please note that in this case, the new participant (D) is an intercom friend of (C), not of you (A).