Impulse firmware 1.1, September 19, 2022 broke the iphone connection

Commenti

36 commenti

• Tom (masterX244)
    Tom (masterX244)

Another update. Compared 1.0.4 and 1.1.1 and they are extremely different on byte level. Rollback would have looked much more similar. (the Firmware archive at archive.org got those files, too)

• Julien Leblon
    Julien Leblon

Hi everyone,

I bought two helmets Impulse for my wife and I.  Firmwares were updated to V1.1 immediately after receipt.  It was hard to connect the helmets (mesh communication) but after a couple of minutes it worked (but with some lag).  Unfortunately it's not the case anymore.  Last Sunday my wife was able to connect her Samsung to her helmet and initiate the Mesh connection, but I wasn't able to do so with my iPhone X Max.  Bluetooth connection was OK on my iPhone, then helmet was connected into the the Sena Motorcycle App, but as soon as I tried to start the Mesh communication, my helmet immediately turned off.  Now I am not able to start it anymore (battery is 100% full).  I need a solution very quickly.  Thank you for your support.

• Daniel Kistler
    Daniel Kistler

Hi Julien
    Had a total crash (not able to start) as well. The reset button you can push with a pin (besides the charge port) did the trick for me. Then I could start again. Did you already install 1.1.1 that came out on monday?
    Also if you just need to connect the 2 impulse helmets, you can also connect via bluetooth instead of mesh. Works perfectly for me.

• Julien Leblon
    Julien Leblon

Oh Daniel Thank you so much!  Firmware updated to v1.1.1 and problem fixed.  

• Tom (masterX244)
    Tom (masterX244)

https://github.com/masterX244/SenaImpulseDowngrader

Got the hacky solution done. Found a bug in the module that communicates with the app which allowed me to redirect the downloads.

• Michel Sykes
    Michel Sykes

Great, Tom, many thanks..... cheers !

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.