Audio Multitasking fails in 1.7.2 Cannot listen to music and have intercom at the same time.

Kommentare

9 Kommentare

• Sean Colton
    Sean Colton

Yes I have exactly the same issue on 1.7.2.  When intercom and music-sharing is both on, the music stutters, once intercom is put on standby the music returns to normal.  I haven't downgraded the firmware and I am not sure if I can.  Have you been able to improve on this problem?

• Vice Grip
    Vice Grip

I started having this issue after the Sena Device Manager failed to install an update over the previous version.   I have been working with Sena Tech Support for a while now trying to clean that mess up. 

While fighting the Device Manager update, and testing the application, I updated to the 1.7.2 firmware.  This is where things went bad and I lost the Audio Multitasking feature.  I then rolled my headsets back to 1.7.1 to see if that would fix the issue, (same computer, same bad install) and it did not. 

At this point, Sena asked me to try the Device Manager install on a different computer and it was on this computer that I again updated my headsets to 1.7.2.  Now they work fine.

I am still having the same install issue on my computer where the installer hangs up when it is trying to install the USB drivers.  Uninstalling the Device Manager is not cleaning up the issue and I am going to have to do some GoogleFu at some point to learn how to find and remove everything the Sena installer did to my system.   I suspect that the driver that is installed on my system is a mix of new and old files and is what created my issue.

However, my headsets are working right now an I may never update them again. 

• Michael Sroczynski
    Michael Sroczynski

I was having this issue, but started adjusting the "Intercom-Audio Overlay Sensitivity settings.  The higher the setting, the better this function works. We currently have ours set at 10, but anything lower than 7 creates the situation where you can't hear the music in the background.

Hope this helps you out!

• RBEmerson
    RBEmerson

If you want to be sure the drivers are present, you'll need to use Windows' Device Manager. This is a program that can serious damage your Windows installation - proceed with care! Spelling counts! This works for Win 7 and Win 10. I can't help you with OSX.

Be sure any Sena devices are disconnected.

Choose the Start button and open the menu. Type in device manager + <enter>. Double-click the Device Manager icon and it'll open.

Click on the View menu and click on Show Hidden Devices.

Move down to the list of device categories. Click on Universal Serial Bus controllers. In the list of devices should be Sena 20S DFU. Right click on it. Click on Uninstall and choose the options to remove the driver completely. There may be a second entry with Sena 20S DFU. Uninstall it, too. There may also be Sena Prism drivers. Uninstall them, too. Close Device Manager.

Using the control panel (or CCleaner), uninstall Sena's device manager.

Reboot.

Reinstall Sena's device manager from a fresh download. Install the Cambridge Silicon Radio driver. Start Sena's device manager and update with a fresh firmware download.

That should give your machine fresh drivers, a fresh manger, and fresh firmware. If you have the Sena app, set up the options with that instead of the manager. Can't hurt, might help... 

• RBEmerson
    RBEmerson

Oh, and do a Factory Data Reset when you connect the 20S.

• Keith Plaisted
    Keith Plaisted

i did everything you guys said and my music is still shuttering!!!

• beans
    beans

Keith,

You should try rebooting your music source (or your phone), if you have tried everything on the headset. Sometimes the Bluetooth stack on the music source/phone can be the issue.

Also, if you have the 20S flip up the antenna.

• Keith Plaisted
    Keith Plaisted

My antenna is always flipped up. I have not shut down my phone will try that and also re-install pandora. I have a new galaxy s7 edge phone. So weird cause last year I had no issues. But I had a note 4.

• RBEmerson
    RBEmerson

Deleted - bad guess on my part.

Bitte melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.