Better VOX-working when using free-face-helmets

I woukd like to suggest an additional adjustment for intercom-vox:

I am using free-face-helmets (jet-helmet) where the mic is w/o protection in the wind. So VOX-working is difficult.

As I understand the vox-function needs for the first activation a relativ loud sound or "heavy" blowing in the mic, so that accidential/random activation of the intercom does not occur very often. But when intercom is activated the first time by VOX it only needs a much less loudness for keeping the intercom active. With other words: The "second-stage"- or "deactivating"-trigger-Level of the VOX-function is very much lower than the activating-trigger-level.

This means: After the first time VOX-activating the intercom at "higher" speed and wind-noise (or "heavy" breething) the intercom keeps active until I deactivate it manually - with the disadvantage that the VOX-function now is deactivated permanently until I switch-off the SMH10 (manual p.21).

So my suggestions are:
- Giving an adjustment for the "second-stage"- or "deactivating"-trigger-Level of the VOX-function. Or making the trigger-level nearly so high as the first-activating-trigger-level. As user of free-face-helmets the VOX-function is not useable as it is.
- Another, surely better solution: I assume that you firmware is able to "realize" speech - in principle. So it should be possible to deactivate the VOX-startet-intercom not by a simple loudness-trigger-level but by analzing the sounds - so that the intercom stays active only while speech ist detected and "noise", doesn´t matter if loud or silent, does not touch the 20s-period ...

- And giving an adjustment for the first-activating-trigger-level of the VOX-function. It depends on the indiviual conditions wheter a high. low oder medium trigger-level performs "teh best" - an it is a matter of individual preference accepting some unexspected ends of the intercom communication with the advantage of hands-free-communication. 

Best regards

Michael

0 comments

Please sign in to leave a comment.