Action Cam Recording

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a way of recording video with conversation, I previously used the GoPro backpack for my Hero 3 but this is now every old and we are looking for something more capable. I'm looking at the Insta360 One X2 or the GoPro Hero 9 (maybe both one for each my wife and I). Both these camera's have a USB-C port with the option of attaching a 3.5mm microphone jack. The question then is now to tap into the Sena communications. The system would need to work with the Sena Helmet Momentum Evo.

My question is, could the SF1 be used to listen in to the conversation and plug into the 3.5mm microphone jack on either of these camera's?

I know the Momentum INC Pro comes with a camera, but I'm after a more versatile solution and one that is ECE certified so it can be used in Europe and Australia.

To me (as an electrical engineer) it makes sense that this would work, but I know that there can be other compatibilities to consider other than just an output connecting to an input and for that reason Sena may not want to comment or make any suggestion that it could work as it is untested to them.

So I guess I'm asking is there anything obvious that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Stu Clarke

0 comments

Please sign in to leave a comment.