The most common problem when a Sena Partner device can't connect to the Sena Partner Device Manager on a Mac OS Catalina and above is because Input Monitoring has failed to be enabled during installation. Please do the following to enable input monitoring
- Click the Apple logo on the top left.
- Click System Preferences
- Click Security & Privacy
- Click the Privacy tab on the top right
- Scroll down the list on the left side and select Input Monitoring
- Unlock your computer by clicking the lock icon on the bottom left
- Once unlocked check the check-box beside the Sena Partner Device Manager
- If you don't see the Sena Partner Device Manager click the plus button underneath the check-box list
- On the left side options, select Applications, look for the Sena Partner Device Manager, and click open.
- Once on the next screen, make sure the Sena Partner Device Manager check box is checked.
Once you've followed these steps, please try connecting your device to your computer with the included USB cable, open the Device Manager and follow the steps to connect your headset.
If you still have issues connecting your device, please try the following:
Update The Mac OS
- Click Apple logo (top left)
- Click System Preferences
- Click Software Update
- Follow the prompts to update your Mac OS if you’re notified there is an update available.
Delete the Sena Partner Device Manager
- Delete the current version of the Sena Partner Device Manager by:
- Clicking on Finder
- Click on “Applications”
- Find the Sena Partner Device manager
- Right-click (same as two-finger click on the Trackpad)
- Click on “Move to Trash”
Reinstall the Sena Partner Device Manager
Please find the Sena Partner Brand of your device below and click on the link to download the Device Manager again.
- AGV - Sena Device Manager
- BMW Fit-For-All Device Manager
- Caberg Device Manager
- Cycle Gear Device Manager
- Harley-Davidson - Boom Audio Device Manager
- HJC Device Manager
- Icon - Sena Device Manager
- Klim Device Manager
- Louis - Sena Device Manager
- LS2 Device Manager
- Nexx Device Manager
- Nolangroup N-Com Device Manager
- Polaris Device Manager
- Schuberth Device Manager
- Shoei - Sena Device Manager
Once you're on the Sena Partner page, follow these steps:
- Click on the downloaded link for Mac and follow the instructions to install the software.
- Once installed, follow the steps above to re-ensure Input Monitoring is enabled for your Device Manager.
- Lastly, open the software and connect your device to the computer with the USB cable that has been provided, and carefully follow the instructions to update your firmware.
If you're still having trouble with getting your device recognized there is a possibility that your device may not be connecting to the Device Manager because it's defective. To verify that, please do the following:
- Try using different USB cords
- Try using different USB ports on your computer
- Try using different computers (if available)
If you believe your device is defective, please contact your dealer where you purchased the headset from or the Sena Partner Brand of your device for an RMA. Unfortunately, Sena can only provide tech support for Sena Partner (OEM) products. You will be eligible if you are within the factory warranty period and can provide a copy of the dated purchase receipt and the serial number.
If you need additional help, please click here to submit a support ticket and describe in detail what you've experienced with your device.
PS. If you need to/prefer to open this article on your mobile device, please scan this QR code.