You can listen to voice instruction from Bluetooth GPS navigation. Some GPS systems use a mobile phone profile (HFP, Hands-Free Profile) and others use a stereo music profile (A2DP, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). Most motorcycle specific GPS systems use a mobile phone profile for turn-by-turn voice instruction. You can simultaneously use a mobile phone and a GPS which uses a mobile phone profile by one of the following procedures.
Multipoint GPS Pairing:
If you use GPS only for turn-by-turn voice instructions, not for Bluetooth stereo music streaming, multipoint pairing is recommended for the GPS connection. Multipoint Bluetooth pairing allows the SMH10R to connect two HFP devices at the same time: mobile phone and GPS navigation. Follow the steps below to pair the GPS using multipoint pairing.
1. To enter the voice configuration menu, press and hold the Center Button for 12 seconds until you hear the voice prompt, “Configuration menu”.
2. Double tap the (+) Button then you will hear the voice prompt, “Multipoint pairing”.
3. If you want to pair a second mobile phone, search for the Bluetooth device on your mobile phone, and select Sena SMH10R in the list of devices detected on the mobile phone.
4. Enter 0000 for the PIN. Some mobile phones may not ask for the PIN.
5. The mobile phone confirms that pairing has completed and the SMH10R is ready to use. You will hear the voice prompt, “Your headset is paired”.
If you want to pair a GPS by multipoint pairing, search for the Bluetooth device on the GPS screen, and select Sena SMH10R
at step 3.