You can listen to voice instruction from Bluetooth GPS navigation. Some GPS systems use mobile phone profile (HFP, Hands-Free Profile) and others use stereo music profile (A2DP, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). Most motorcycle specific GPS systems use mobile phone profile for turn-by-turn voice instruction. You can simultaneously use a mobile phone and a GPS which uses mobile phone profile by one of the following procedures.
Multipoint GPS Pairing
If you use GPS only for turn-by-turn voice instructions, not for Bluetooth stereo music streaming, multipoint pairing is recommended for the GPS connection. Multipoint Bluetooth pairing allows the SMH10 to connect two HFP devices at the same time: mobile phone and GPS navigation. Follow the steps below to pair the GPS using the multipoint pairing.
1. Turn on the headset and press the Jog Dial for 5 seconds until the red LED is rapidly flashing and you hear multiple beeps.
2. Within 2 seconds, tap the Phone Button again, then the LED turns to blue flashing and the beeps turn to high tone double beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Multipoint pairing”.
3. Search for Bluetooth devices on the GPS navigation screen. Select the Sena SMH10 in the list of the devices detected on the GPS.
4. Enter 0000 for the PIN.
5. The GPS confirms that pairing has completed and the SMH10 is ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt from the SMH10 saying “Your headset is paired”.
6. If the pairing process is not completed within three minutes, the SMH10 will return to stand-by mode