Second Mobile Phone Pairing
Typical Bluetooth headsets can connect with only one Bluetooth device, but second mobile phone pairing allows the headset to connect with another Bluetooth device such as GPS or Sena SR10, Bluetooth adapter.
1. To pair the second mobile phone, press the Jog Dial for 5 seconds until the red LED is rapidly flashing and you hear multiple beeps.
2. Within 2 seconds, tap the Phone Button, then the LED turns to blue flashing and the beeps turn to high tone double beeps. You will hear a voice prompt saying “Second Mobile Phone Pairing”.
3. Search for Bluetooth devices on your mobile phone. Select the SMH5 MultiCom in the list of the devices detected on the mobile phone.
4. Enter 0000 for the PIN. Some mobile phones may not ask for the PIN.
5. The mobile phone confirms that the pairing has completed and the SMH5 MultiCom is ready to use. You will hear a voice prompt from the SMH5 MultiCom saying “Your headset is paired”.
1. You have to use a motorcycle specific GPS, which transmits turn-by-turn voice instructions to the headset by Bluetooth. Most automotive GPS systems do not have this feature.
2. The Sena SR10 is a Bluetooth two-way radio adapter for group communication, and uses Hands-Free Profile. The incoming audio from the two-way radio via SR10 is heard in the background while having an intercom conversation or a mobile phone call.
3. The GPS navigation or a radar detector could be connected to the SR10 by wire. The GPS voice instruction or the radar detector alarm is also heard in the background via SR10 while having an intercom conversation or a phone call. Please refer to the SR10 User’s Guide for details.